Led by a volunteer leadership, NBAF Contemporaries is an auxiliary membership group that accesses their contacts and lends their diverse talents and business acumen to raise funds as well as be ambassadors in support of the National Black Arts Festival’s operations, educational and public programs. As an integral component of the organization’s fund development effort, NBAF Contemporaries organize events and programs that provide opportunities to socialize and get to know a community of like-minded individuals who support and value NBAF’s mission.
Members are young entrepreneurs, trendsetters, professionals and leaders from the business, educational and cultural sectors of the greater Atlanta area. NBAF Contemporaries value NBAF as a premier cultural organization and share an interest in ensuring that NBAF has the resources to realize its mission and to present compelling and engaging educational and public programs for its diverse audiences. The age group is from 25 to 45.
The leadership of the NBAF Contemporaries throughout the year will organize and host a number of public and private events at venues within the greater Atlanta area or beyond. NBAF Contemporaries will host these events with the broad aim of meeting its annual fundraising goal, bringing new membership to NBAF and, in general, being advocates for and promoting its mission, programs and activities. In addition, the events and programs offered by NBAF Contemporaries provide members special access and opportunities to socialize, to learn and to network.
Annual membership entitles the member to the following:
- Complimentary admission for member and one guest to the NBAF Contemporaries’ programming and social events.
- Reduced admission to collaborative events and programs.
- Recognition on the sandbox.nbaf.org website.
- Invitations to all NBAF sponsored events, programs, and performances.
- Reduced admission for seated or standing at Fine Art + Fashion to include complimentary valet, opening reception, awards and fashion presentation and a post-show celebration.
- Reduced admission to other NBAF special events.
- First opportunity to volunteer at NBAF sponsored events.
Annual Membership Dues: $ 250.00